Contact Lens Spectrum
(p. 26) Contact Lenses and Kids: Seize the Opportunity, by Jeffrey J. Walline, OD, PhD
1. Walline JJ, Jones LA, Mutti DO, Zadnik K. Use of a run-in period to decrease loss to follow-up in the Contact Lens and Myopia Progression (CLAMP) study. Control Clin Trials. Dec 2003;24:711-718.
2. Katz J, Schein OD, Levy B, et al. A randomized trial of rigid gas permeable contact lenses to reduce progression of children's myopia. Am J Ophthalmol. 2003;136:82-90.
3. Khoo CY, Chong J, Rajan U. A 3-year study on the effect of RGP contact lenses on myopic children. Singapore Med J. 1999;40:230-237.
4. Perrigin J, Perrigin D, Quintero S, Grosvenor T. Silicone-acrylate contact lenses for myopia control: 3-year results. Optom Vis Sci. 1990;67:764-769.
5. Stone J. The possible influence of contact lenses on myopia. British Journal of Physiological Optics. 1976;31:89-114.
6. Baldwin WR, West D, Jolley J, Reid W. Effects of contact lenses on refractive corneal and axial length changes in young myopes. Am J Optom Arch Am Acad Optom. 1969;46:903-911.
7. Reim TR, Lund M, Wu R. Orthokeratology and adolescent myopia control. Contact Lens Spectrum. 2003;18:40-42.
8. Joslin CE, McMahon TT, Kaufman LM. The effectiveness of occluder contact lenses in improving occlusion compliance in patients that have failed traditional occlusion therapy. Optom Vis Sci. 2002;79:376-380.
9. Pediatric Eye Disease Investigator Group. A randomized trial of atropine vs. patching for treatment of moderate amblyopia in children. Arch Ophthalmol. 2002;120:268-278.
10. Moore BD. Pediatric aphakic contact lens wear: rates of successful wear. J Pediatr Ophthalmol Strabismus. Jul-Aug 1993;30:253-258.
11. Ainsworth JR, Cohen S, Levin AV, Rootman DS. Pediatric cataract management with variations in surgical technique and aphakic optical correction. Ophthalmology. 1997;104:1096-1101.
12. Hale JR. Contact-lens application in four cases of congenital nystagmus. Optom Wkly. Sep 20 1962;53:1865-1868.
13. Rushton D, Cox N. A new optical treatment for oscillopsia. J Neurol Neurosurg Psychiatry. Apr 1987;50:411-415.
(p. 33) No Fee CE: A Primer on Contact Lens Materials, by Christopher Snyder, OD, MS, FAAO