Contact Lens Spectrum
(p. 16) Letter to the Editor: Anti-infectives — Setting the Record Straight, By Mark Dunbar, OD, FAAO
1. Kowalski RP, Deepinder DK, Karenchak LM, et al. Gatifloxacin and moxifloxacin: An in vitro susceptibility comparison to levofloxacin, ciprofloxacin and ofloxacin in using bacterial keratitis isolates. Am J Ophthalmol. 2003;136:500-505.
2. Callegan, MC, et al. Antibacterial activity of the 4th generation fluoroquinolones gatifloxacin and moxifloxacin against ocular pathogens. Adv. Ther. 2003; Sept/Oct.
3. Farley WJ, Pflugfelder S, et al. Effects of commercial 4th generation fluoroquinolones on corneal epithelial barrier function in experimental murine dry eye. 2004; ARVO E-Abstract 4904.
4. Schmidt LO, Beuerman R, et al. Comparison of gatifloxacin and moxifloxacin in healing of a linear incision in the rabbit cornea. 2004; ARVO E-Abstract 1427.
5. Gao J, McDonnell PJ, Stern M. Effect of the 4th generation fluoroquinilone on rabbit corneal wound healing. 2004; ARVO E-Abstract 4889.
6. Moshirfar, M. Antibiotic prophylaxis and reepithelialization after PK. Refractive Eye Care for Ophthalmologists. May 2004.
(p. 34) International Contact Lens Prescribing in 2004, by Phillip B. Morgan, PhD, MCOptom, FAAO, et al
(p. 56) Contact Lens Case Reports: Searching for an Antimicrobial Contact Lens Case, by Pat Caroline, FAAO, and Mark André, FAAO
The studies cited in this article have not yet been published. For information about the studies, please contact Pat Caroline at PatPacific@aol.com or Mark André at firstname.lastname@example.org.