Contact Lens Spectrum
(p. 12) Prescribing for Presbyopia – Targeted Prescribing
By Thomas G. Quinn, OD, MS
- Lakkis C, Anastasopoulos F, Terry C, Borazjani R. Time course of the development of contact lens case and contact lens contamination. Invest Ophthalmol Vis Sci. 2009 Apr;50:6352.
- Efron N, Efron SE, Morgan PB, Morgan SL. A ‘cost-per-wear’ model based on contact lens replacement frequency. Clin Exp Optom. 2010 Jul;93:253-260.
(p. 14) Dry Eye Dx and Tx – Look Beyond the Eyes for Contributors to Dry Eye
By Paul Mostoff, PT, DPT, OCS, COMT, & Katherine M. Mastrota, MS, OD
- Mostoff P, Mastrota K. Ocular Surface Update. Contact Lenses Today. 2019 Jun 16. Available at https://www.clspectrum.com/newsletters/contact-lenses-today/june-16,-2019 . Accessed July 29, 2019.
- Classification and diagnostic criteria for headache disorders, cranial neuralgias and facial pain. Headache Classification Committee of the International Headache Society. Cephalalgia. 1988;8(Suppl 7):1-96.
- Racicki S, Gerwin S, Diclaudio S, Reinmann S, Donaldson M. Conservative physical therapy management for the treatment of cervicogenic headache: a systematic review. J Man Manip Ther. 2013 May;21:113-124.
- Al-khamis AA. Mckenzie method complemented with exercises program for long-term cervicogenic headache management: A Case Report. Int J Healthcare Sci. 2014 Oct-2015 Mar;2:44-51.
- Occupational Safety and Health Administration. Good Working Positions. Available at https://www.osha.gov/SLTC/etools/computerworkstations/positions.html . Accessed Aug. 21, 2019.
- Loh K, Redd S. Understanding and preventing computer vision syndrome. Malays Fam Physician. 2008 Dec 31;3:128-130.
- Anshel J. Visual ergonomics handbook. Boca Raton: CRC Press; 2005.
- Cole BL. Do video display units cause visual problems?—a bedside story about the processes of public health decision-making. Clin Exp Optom. 2003 Jul;86:205-220.
(p. 42) Orthokeratology Today – The Practice of Orthokeratology
By Michael J. Lipson, OD
- Lemov D, Woolway E, Yezzi K. Practice Perfect. Jossey-Boss, 2012 Sept 5.
(p. 44) The Scleral Lens Vault – Keratoconus and Scleral Asymmetry
By Gregory W. DeNaeyer, OD
- DeNaeyer G, Sanders DR, Michaud L, et al. Correlation of Corneal and Scleral Topography in Cases with Ectasias and Normal Corneas. JCLRS. 2019 Apr 22;3:e10-e20. Available at http://www.jclrs.org/index.php/JCLRS/article/view/33 . Accessed July 23, 2019.
- DeNaeyer G, Sanders D, van der Worp E, Jedlicka J, Michaud L, Morrison S. Qualitative Assessment of Scleral Shape Patterns Using a New Wide Field Ocular Surface Elevation Topographer. JCLRS. 2017 Sept 18;1:12-22. Available at http://www.jclrs.org/index.php/JCLRS/article/view/11 . Accessed July 23, 2019.
- Kinoshita B, Morrison S, Caroline P. Corneal toricity and scleral asymmetry…are they related? Poster presented at the 2016 Global Specialty Lens Symposium. Jan. 21-24, 2016, Las Vegas.
- Siebert S, Jedlicka J. Utilizing corneal topography to aid in predicting scleral topography for the purpose of fitting scleral contact lenses. Poster presented at the 2017 GSLS. Jan. 26-29, 2016, Las Vegas.
- Consejo A, Rozema JJ. Scleral Shape and its correlations with corneal astigmatism. Cornea. 2018 Aug;37:1047-1052.
- Macedo-de-Araújo RJ, Amorim-de-Sousa A, Queirós A, van der Worp E3, González-Méijome JM. Relationship of placido corneal topography data with scleral lens fitting parameters. Cont Lens Anterior Eye. 2019 Feb;42:20-27.
- Piñero DP, Martínez-Abad A, Soto-Negro R, et. al. Differences in corneo-scleral topographic profile between healthy and keratoconus corneas. Cont Lens Anterior Eye 2018 May 22 [Epub ahead of print]
(p. 46) Is This the New Norm? – Is “50 Is the New 40” the New Normal for Lens Wearers?
By Mile Brujic, OD, & David L. Kading, OD
- Nichols JJ. Contact Lenses 2014. Contact Lens Spectrum. 2015 Jan;30:22-25, 27, 29.
- Richdale K. Sinnott LT, Skadahl E, Nichols JJ. Frequency of and factors associated with contact lens dissatisfaction and discontinuation. Cornea. 2007 Feb;26:168-174.
- Blackie CA, Coleman CA, Nichols KK, et al. A single vectored thermal pulsation treatment for meibomian gland dysfunction increases mean comfortable contact lens wearing time by approximately 4 hours per day. Clin Ophthalmol. 2018 Jan17;12:169-183.