Around this time each year, the staff at Contact Lens Spectrum (CLS) begins the editorial planning process for the following year. We consider the content that we publish, the format, and even the experts with whom we partner to bring our readers this content. Given that this is my 10th year undergoing this process, you might think that it has become “old hat;” but, I can assure you that it has not. Our process is intended to be as inclusive as possible. We ask trusted leaders in the field for their thoughts. We conduct surveys. We ask our readers for their thoughts. And, we look back at content that we published over the last year to watch for topics of interest.
We used Google Analytics to review feature articles published in CLS in 2017. First and foremost, CLS would like to congratulate the authors of 2017’s Top 10 for the remarkable impact that they have had. Second, what struck me as important is that the topics from this list are fairly broad in coverage, including prescribing trends, multifocals, orthokeratology, myopia control, sclerals, and materials/designs/modalities. I think this points toward the continued importance of maintaining broad coverage of anything and everything contact lenses in the years to come.
TOP 10 MOST VIEWED FEATURE ARTICLES FROM 2017 ON THE CLS WEBSITE
- How Important Is the Soft Lens Fit Anyway? William Ngo, OD, PhD, & Jason J. Nichols, OD, MPH, PhD, September 2017
- Contact Lenses 2016. Jason J. Nichols, OD, MPH, PhD, January 2017
- The Words We Use to Discuss Multifocals. Shalu Pal, OD, February 2017
- Myopia Control with Ortho-k. Langis Michaud, OD, MSc, & Patrick Simard, OD, MSc, MBA, September 2017
- International Contact Lens Prescribing in 2016. Philip B. Morgan, PhD, MCOptom, et al, January 2017
- The Anatomy of a Modern Orthokeratology Lens. Emily Korszen, OD, & Patrick J. Caroline, March 2017
- In Focus with Current Contact Lens Materials and Designs. Lakshman N. Subbaraman, PhD, BSOptom, MSc, May 2017
- Daily Disposables: Heightened Opportunity. David L. Kading, OD, February 2017
- Scleral Lens Troubleshooting. Gregory W. DeNaeyer, OD, & Langis Michaud, OD, MSc, August 2017
- Highlights from the 2017 GSLS. Edward S. Bennett, OD, MSEd; Lisa Starcher; & Eef van der Worp, BOptom, PhD, April 2017