LEARNING METHOD AND MEDIUM
This educational activity consists of a discussion and 20 study questions. The participant should, in order, read the Learning Objectives contained at the beginning of this activity, read the material, answer all questions in the post test, and then complete the Activity Evaluation/Credit Request form. To receive credit for this activity, please follow the instructions provided below in the section titled To Obtain CE Credit. This educational activity should take a maximum of 2.0 hours to complete.
This continuing education (CE) activity captures key statistics and insights from contributing faculty.
The goal of this article is to better educate eyecare professionals on the ocular health benefits of fitting silicone hydrogel (SiHy) daily disposable contact lenses. A review of the literature will provide the reader with a better understanding of SiHy material benefits, consequences of corneal hypoxia, perceived SiHy barriers, and today’s contact lens market trends.
This educational activity is intended for optometrists, contact lens specialists, and other eyecare professionals.
Upon completion of this activity, participants will be able to:
- Better understand the ocular health benefits of silicone hydrogel material and the consequences of corneal hypoxia;
- Better understand the latest advancements and today’s trends within the contact lens market;
- Overcome perceived patient barriers.
ACCREDITATION DESIGNATION STATEMENT
This course is NCLE approved for 1.0 hour of CE credit and COPE approved for 2.0 hours of CE credit for optometrists. COPE Course ID: 58157-CL
- Casey L. Hogan, OD, has received honorarium from CooperVision and Shire.
- Stephanie L. Woo, OD, has received honorarium from the following organizations: Alcon, Art Optical, Bausch + Lomb, Bio-Tissue, Blanchard Contact Lenses, Contamac, Essilor, GPLI, Katena, Scleral Lens Education Society, Shire, SpecialEyes, STAPLE Program, SynergEyes, Visionary Optics, and X-Cel Contacts.
Each of the contributing faculty members has attested to the following:
- that the relationships/affiliations noted will not bias or otherwise influence her involvement in this activity;
- that practice recommendations given relevant to the companies with whom she has relationships/affiliations will be supported by the best available evidence or, absent evidence, will be consistent with generally accepted medical practice; and
- that all reasonable clinical alternatives will be discussed when making practice recommendations.
PRODUCT USAGE IN ACCORDANCE WITH LABELING
Please refer to the official prescribing information for each product for discussion of approved indications, contraindications, and warnings.
This CE activity is supported through an unrestricted educational grant from CooperVision.
TO OBTAIN CE CREDIT
To obtain COPE CE Credit for this activity, read the material in its entirety and consult referenced sources as necessary. We offer instant certificate processing for COPE credit, and mailed certificates for NCLE credit. Please take the post test and evaluation online by using your OE tracker number and logging in to www.clsce-whysihy.com .
Upon passing the test, you will immediately receive a printable, PDF version of your course certificate for COPE credit. On the last day of the month, all course results will be forwarded to ARBO with your OE tracker number and your records will be updated. You must score 70% or higher to receive credit for this activity. Please make sure you take the online post test and evaluation on a device that has printing capabilities.
To obtain NCLE credit, a score of 80% or higher is required. Passing scores will be forwarded to ABO-NCLE at the end of each month, and a certificate will be mailed.
There are no fees for participating in and receiving credit for this activity.
The views and opinions expressed in this educational activity are those of the faculty and do not necessarily represent the views of NOVA Southeastern, CooperVision, or Contact Lens Spectrum.
This CE activity is copyrighted to PentaVision LLC ©2018.
All rights reserved.